The hirer confirms/agrees:
…to be able to swim a minimum of 15 minutes unaided and will wear a life jacket at all times.
…to not suffer from any health condition, and/or not taking any medication /or drugs, that could affect the ability to partake in the watersport activity.
… to only use the subject of hire and equipment in the manner described by Surfline Rhodes, in Ixia Bay and in the permitted areas marked by buoys.
… to acknowledges and agrees that the equipment is in good condition, undertakes not to misuse it and to return it with all accessories in the similar condition as received. And to inform immediately Surfline Rhodes in the event of loss or damage.
… shall cover Surfline Rhodes in respect of all cost, claims and expenses which may incur directly or indirectly out of the use of the equipment during the period of hire.
… to acknowledges that the participation in the program and use of water-sport equipment (Jet – Bike / Windsurf / SUP) is at his/her own risk. The participant is liable for self-caused damage on his/her person and the rented equipment!
… understands that neither Surfline Rhodes or its employees assume responsibility for: loss, damage, as well as injuries of persons and / or their property arising during the rental period.
INSURANCE: Surfline Rhodes confirms to be covered by equipment liability and insurance, however we offer no insurance covering personal accidents to individuals that may occur during the term of this hire agreement. Please make sure your own private insurance is covering the risk of watersport activities, accident, emergency rescue and personal injury.
Surfline Rhodes reserves the right to refuse or immediately terminate a hire. The disclosure of the reason for this action will be entirely at Surfline Rhodes discretion. Repayment of the refund is only in case of illness, upon presentation of a certificate by doctor or hospital. No refund for bad and/or no wind condition!
1. The center equipment can be used only during opening hours.
2. Children under age16 should be accompanied by the parents. Parents are responsible for their children!
3. In the counting of hiring hours, fraction of hours won’t be considered.
4. The rental (daily / hours) will start when the kit is handover to the customer, and will end when the equipment has been returned to the stuff!
5. The hired materials are personal and can’t be lent to other people!
6. To get information about wind force and direction, please inquire before surfing directly at the center desk or the stuff. Windsurfing is allowed only in the visual area in front of the surf center. Windsurfing in swimming and Jet-Ski areas is strictly prohibited!!!
7. Do not windsurf in areas and conditions which exceed your own skills!
8. If you need to be rescued by boat / Jet-Ski, use the international distress signal: Wave your hands above your head. If you are far offshore, wave your rig out of the water, up and down, to be seen. There is no extra charge for rescue service!
9. Reduce your speed near the beach and return slowly to the shore.
10. The insurance of the hired is limited to the surfing area in front of the station. Damage and / or loss of the equipment caused by negligent behavior and personal negligence is not covered and will be charged by 100%. The insurance only takes effect at a distance of at least 20m from the shore! Lost or damage of the fin is not covered! The insurance is valid with signing the lease! The guest is requested to review the material for any damages before windsurfing. Any visual damage has to be reported to the stuff before entering the water! Any damage caused during windsurfing must be reported immediately to the stuff or center management.
11. It is assumed that the hirer has a basic knowledge of windsurfing, is in good health conditions, and is able to swim in open water, at least for 15 minutes! With wind speed over 18 knots (5 Bft.) the hirer should be able to do the waterstart!
12. The hirer knows and complies with all international navigation rules applicable to sail power craft! Give way to: Swimmer, Snorkeler, Paddleboats and also windsurf beginner!!! Stay far away of Jet-Ski’s!!
13. For safety reason it is obligatory to sign in and out when you go windsurfing and to inform the stuff / center desk in case you want to windsurf outside the designated area!
14. It is forbidden to leave the hired equipment longer than 15 minutes in the sun. It is strictly forbidden to leave the equipment unattended in the water, at the shore, or any other part of the beach!
15. Please do not use water resistant sun creams or tanning oils exactly before or during use of the station equipment!
16. It is possible to change the equipment by asking the stuff at any time! Depending on your needs and level!
17. The refund of the rental possible only in case of illness and upon presentation of a medical certificate! No refund of the rental for the following reasons: No or low wind conditions, too much wind conditions, and / or inability to use the fully booked period.
18. The windsurf station and its employees assume no liability for hirer and third-party. A personal insurance is the responsibility of the hirer. If an injury occurs during lessons, at the student or any third person, the center insurance will cover all needs!
19. Please pay attention and respect the center information! The center management has the right to prohibit the use of the station equipment for the following reasons: alcohol consumption, bad weather, wind and water conditions!